Saturday, December 18, 2010

Light and Momentary

Four long hours. I had to try. Something in my idealistic nature still alive after years of brusque reality.

Our bill is wrong. It has been wrong for too many years to divulge. We have written letters, requested technicians and endured mocking disdain from the officials who refuse to correct their mistakes.

Most simplistically, we have been robbed.

And we may not be able to prove it.

So. Yesterday. After much prayer and confidence gathering, I slipped into the office to plead our case. Again.

Four hours left us with no resolution. Only deeper frustration. And red puffy eyes. My tears were cleansing and healthy and private. But proved nothing.

This morning, a daily reading from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young:
"When you are plagued by a persistent problem---one that goes on and on---view it as a rich opportunity. An ongoing problem is like a tutor that is always by your side. The learning possibilities are limited only by your willingness to be teachable. In faith, thank me for your problem. Ask me to open your eyes and your heart to all that I am accomplishing through this difficulty. Once you have become grateful for a problem, it loses it's power to drag you down."

An idea I've heard before.

"Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1: 2-3

And again:

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Cor 4:17-18

Heading into this day, thanking God for the robbery and all He can teach me through it. Asking for courage to maintain that posture even when the going feels tough.

Maranatha!