Wednesday, November 09, 2011

For These...

These are the days that disappear too quickly.

Every kid around our table. Funny. Making memories.

They still like us and aren’t embarrassed by us (too much).

We can have actual conversations about meaningful things.

We can laugh. Their jokes have morphed (seemingly overnight) from ridiculous and nonsensical to ironic sarcasm that makes us laugh until tears flow.

We’ve graduated to Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Indiana Jones for family movie nights.

They help with the dogs, carry in my groceries and remarkably ‘roll with every punch’ this crazy third-world existence throws.

And the praying. Their growing awareness of God’s plan and purpose in their lives.

Staggers me.

Upends me in the most marvelous way.

In this season of celebrating Harvest—I long for the elusive Pause. The Freeze Frame switch.

Because in our home, around our table and reverberating down our hall are fruits of a harvest more bountiful than I could have ever dreamed.

The Cashlings.




I am so thankful for these.

No comments: