Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I Choose to See it Positively

I'm so thrilled to be able to post on this blog today. So thrilled. I love this blog. And I love writing stuff here. I also love and appreciate those of you who happen by and read.

"God has done great things for us and we are filled with joy!" Psalms 126:3
The following photos should get you up to speed on several blessings we've enjoyed over the last few months.

Jeff celebrated his 40th year!

And he received his Masters Degree with straight A's in every course!



We reunited with our teammates after our furlough and have worked at learning how to serve each other and the people here, together.

We began another year of homeschool with a 5th grader, 3rd grader, 1st grader and kindergartner all learning together!

We joyfully welcomed FAMILY for our Thanksgiving celebration. Robyn and Amy Crocker came to be with us for a few days! (Amy's Mom is Jeff's first cousin.) The Crockers are serving in Rwanda and made a very eventful trek to our place to hang out for the holiday. We enjoyed great food, warm fellowship and even watched some American football together!


We delighted in a Christmas season filled with lots of Christmas music, tree trimming, time with friends and of course, decorating (and eating) loads of sugar cookies!

We celebrated Alex's 9th year with chinese food and yummy cake!


We woke early on Christmas Day for the excitement of presents followed by a large gathering of our missionary community to celebrate together.


And that should about catch us up. January began with the sad news of Granddaddy's passing and my very quick travels to the States to participate in the funeral. I have arrived back safely to wait with our teammates for the arrival of their newest family member.

I miss you all when our internet is down, and I have grown weary of the heaviness that being cut off from the world brings. So, for today, I choose to see it positively. Not focussing on what I haven't been able to do...but only on what I am able to accomplish today.

Blessings, friends. I love every minute we have together!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Yay for internet that works! We always love seeing the pictures of family life which helps us feel not as far away. We love and miss you much.

Cathy said...

Although sorry to hear your Grandaddy's passing, I'm so glad to finally hear from you and yes, hooray for internet. I've missed you these past couple of months. Wow, you have a full schoolroom this year. Does everyone homeschool, or is there a village school? Just wondering. We are getting ready for Ladies Bible Class @ Glenwood and will be studying Romans. I'll take lots of pictures so you'll be able to "join in" the fun.

Steve Maxwell said...

My oh my! It has been a while since I have posted on your blog. I read every new post you make and look forward to the connection I get from reading your blog. Please tell Jeff I said congratulations and let all Cash people know that I said - Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday, and may God continue to bless you guys and those wonderful Martin people I also miss dearly. You are constantly in our prayers. I don't know if you heard but Alasha and I are expecting #3. We are excited and going crazy with the two wonderful blessings God has given us. Please give hugs and hello's from the Maxwell's. God bless you guys.