Monday, July 20, 2009

Rescue

"He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me." 2 Samuel 22: 17-20


I pray this scripture often throughout my recent days. Seems this is a season of "deep waters" for many.

My appreciation to all who prayed for our friends, Kevin and JD. Their story is so amazing and has brought much hope and thankfulness to our hearts. JD’s recounting is moving and God glorifying. Read and be blessed.

Our hearts labor in prayer for our brothers and sisters in Cochabamba, Bolivia. A terrible bus accident has rocked the church family there. Please go here to read the details and updates and lift these dear ones up as they struggle through grief and the emotion of trauma.

And then...

Jobs, sickness, death, relationships, choices, decisions, ministry, war...

"...he rescued me because he delighted in me."



Reminded of his unfailing love and delight in us.

Emboldened by His victory.

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him." 2 Cor 2:14


Triumph is good. And "always" boasts pretty great odds.

So, I'm sticking close to Christ. Praying His scent emanates.

And lifting up the names, the precious spirits God lays on my heart.

Love to you, my friends. Whatever deep waters you find yourself in today. Or witness others treading through...

Fight the good fight.

Stand firm.

Spacious places await.

I'm counting on it.

For all of us.

No comments: