Saturday, August 10, 2013

A Quiet Recommending

I love my Kindle.  No longer are we concerned with 'the weight of all the books' when packing to return to Uganda. Thanks to Amazon and my Kindle, I now carry a plethora of books weightlessly around the world. 

So.

I'm not sure what prompted me in that Target aisle at the end of our furlough. 

I know I couldn't think straight, with all the lists and the decisions and the clamoring for legos echoing in my world. 

Perhaps it was the title.

The word drew me like a beacon. 

I had read wonderful recommendations for this work. But I had no idea the insightful joy that would fill me as I read. 

The Sanctuary I would find.
"Quiet elevates the conversation about introverts in our outwardly oriented society to new heights. I think that many introverts will discover that, even though they didn't know it, they have been waiting for this book all their lives." Adam S. McHugh, author of Introverts in the Church
Exactly. How. I. Felt. 

I am so glad that I had the actual pages of this amazing work so that I could do this:


And this:


And this:

                                    



On and on. Every page. 

Loved it. 

Therefore.

If you are an introvert. 

Or if you love one.

Read this book. 

Highly. (Quietly.) Recommended. 


No comments: