Thursday, August 29, 2013

Perplex Me Not


Our internet service has been confounding this week. On and off again 25 times in the last hour, for example. Of course, we have several deadlines this week. Of course, we cannot get the systems to cooperate. Of course.

It is a miniscule issue in light of life and death struggles in our world today…and yet, this miniscule struggle has me ready to throw my beloved computer across the room.

Sigh.

Sometimes, when my desire to accomplish at least one thing overcomes my tolerance for a failing third world system, I feel crushed under the weight of the (seeming) persecution.

I feel consternation and distress at the problem I am facing.

Today, I found encouragement in this devotional reading:

   “we may be absolutely sure of an unperplexed [sic] and undismayed Savior” from Streams in the Desert by Mrs. Charles E Cowman

No matter the size of our problem.

He knows. He sees. He provides. He purposes.

He is not overcome. Or surprised.

I am exercising a tired (and unbelieving) faith muscle this morning.

I am remembering:

“Has God forgotten to be merciful?
Has he in anger withheld his compassion?” Selah

“I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.
I will meditate on all your works
And consider all your mighty deeds.”

“You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples.”

Psalm 77:9,11,12,14

And.

I am included.

“The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made.”

“The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.”

“The Lord watches over all who love him…”

Psalm 145:13b,18,20a

All.

Every. One.

I am His.

And He is Compassionate Power.

The confounded (!) internet will not be victorious.

God has even this.





No comments: