Friday, August 10, 2007

Ponderings and Convictions

This thought from Anne Lamont's, Plan B Further Thoughts on Faith:

(speaking about Jesus) "I don't think much surprises him: this is how we make important changes-barely, poorly, slowly. And still, he raises his fist in triumph."

I am being convicted..."..barely, poorly, slowly..." of the sin of my impatience.

Impatience with my kiddos. Impatience with those we minister among. Impatience with myself...

How can I demand (even quietly in my soul) that the changes I WANT to happen should be completed...fulfilled NOW?

How can I dare surrender my Hope, when the change is slow to come?

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who HOPE in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40: 28-31

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Thanks, Cheryl. Your words ring true in my heart. I'm going to dwell on those thoughts and scriptures for awhile.

Love you...

Andrew Martin said...

How true...

Your thoughts really resonate with me as well. It feels waiting is all we have been doing lately. I know however, that we have grown a lot during these past several months and the things we are learning are things that we maybe would not have learned any other way.

God has not ceased in his blessing and it seems that just when we are at the end of our rope, he shows us again that he is with us.

Thanks again for your thoughts.