Friday, August 03, 2007

Redecorating

I love to redecorate. The furniture in our home never finds a permanent placement. Our chairs, tables and wall decor "visit" many areas of our home through the months. I rearrange, change colors and update whenever I have the opportunity.
Things are changing in our home this week...

And all it has involved is a paint brush, paint clothes and a tin of glossy paint.

Alex announced to the family this morning, "Mom's painting something else white!" :-)

Four, tired, messy, and scratched wood pieces of furniture have been revived with beautiful white paint!

We are all pleased with the results...and I have half a tin of paint just waiting to redeem more worn out furnishings.

If only refurbishing this blog was as simple as a can of paint!

For awhile now, I've been tired of pink. Pink is a perfectly lovely color. (shout out to Aimee Jo the queen of pink!) I loved dressing my baby girl in pink's delicate shades. But generally, I'm not a pink kind of girl.
So why did it end up on my blog?

I wasn't paying that much attention. Blogging wasn't something I thought would last long for me. I had no idea the blessing, release, and FUN I would find in Blogland.

Several months ago, I started fiddling with different templates. I cautiously perused the html codes....knowing that to someone it all makes sense....someone other than me.

I never achieved the "look" I wanted. And I grew frustrated.

So I did what any frustrated and stumped rookie decorator should do...I called a professional!

Susie at Bluebird Blogs (www.bluebirdblogs.com) is working on a design for me...and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

In the meantime, as I wait, I've revisited my current template and attempted to add some blogs to my blog roll. For some reason, (I'm sure a simple one) the titles on the headings are in a different font than I meant them to be...but since its not offensive or ugly...I've made the executive blog decision to Leave It as It is for Now. All further html changes will be left to the professionals!

So, I'm off to scrub the white paint from my hands, enjoy the gleaming white tables in my kitchen and wait to see what Susie has in store for us here....

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

laura said...

Oooh Oooh... I have another friend in blogland who used this exact lady to create her new "look" and it turned out beautiful! Can't wait to see how your's comes out!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your new look! Fun!

Aimee Jo said...

I'm excited!!