Friday, December 02, 2005

Epilogue--Embraced

I got a box today. Jana packed it. She is my "jump in the car-go to Canton" friend. :-)
The box had all our favorites. And now those precious treasures are carefully placed on our freezer so we can walk in the pantry and see the delightful items all laid out!

We got a box last week and four boxes the week before that.

This morning I put on lipgloss Kristen bought, mascara Dana bought and the same perfume that Trisha wears.

I read a magazine over lunch that Lynn and Marjorie sent, gave each child Tootsie Rolls from Tootsie, and let them listen to Odyssey tapes sent by Greta.

I have pictures on my email from Cathy, and I made a chocolate cobbler recipe from Thyme and Traditions cookbook.

I told a story about Alex's Rescue Hero Station that he got from Glenwood last Christmas.

I REVELED in the SHEER DELIGHT of driving that beautiful LANDCRUISER to a village outside of town.

My pantry is stocked with Rotel, Velveeta, microwave popcorn, chocolate chips and Goldfish crackers. (NOT items available in the local market :-)

...tonight, as I stood in my kitchen corner, with all the lights out, and had a quiet moment with Our God...I remembered that I shared this secret worship place with 35 of my closest friends :-) at ladies Bible class.... and all of a sudden I wasn't worshipping alone anymore...

I know, that somewhere in Tyler, someone is praying for our family, the church in Ft. Portal and God's Kingdom in Uganda.

Glenwood church building is thousands of miles away from where I sit right now. But they have dramatically impacted my day today in a million ways.

They are our church family. Our Support. God's Embrace.

Jack was right...

I love you Glenwood. The story of our coming to you fills me with joy, hope and faith everytime I remember it.

I'll say it again, God is good.

"May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you. May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones." 1 Thess 3:12-13

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Cheryl,
The "Glenwood/Cash Family" story is all about God and His grace-filled provision for His people. I really have enjoyed the series, and have looked forward to each new post. Your NEED to write that book, (in all your spare time:-)I love you my friend, my sister, my daughter.
Dad