Monday, May 08, 2006

My Birthday Feast

May 5,2006

The Pepperdine Lectures.

Jeff and I enjoyed our breakfast and coffee overlooking the expansive Pacific Ocean. Unspeakably gorgeous.

I spent the morning "dining" on the meat provided by Jennifer and Judy, Jeff Walling, and Rich Little...with an incredibly rich sampling of encouragement from one of my favorite LCU professors punctuating it all....(I want to be like YOU when I grow up!)

Lunch found me delighting in clam chowder (the best I've ever had!) and sweet fellowship with Jeff, Andrew, Jennifer and Judy.

After a walk out on the pier---did I mention how BEAUTIFUL Malibu is?!?!---I returned to the University Embedded on the Cliff to share in praise and worship with a room full of like minds and hearts.

A brief afternoon "snack" of the Psalms and the moments they have carried us through... was sandwiched between a call from my sister, a song from my Dad and a call from my Mom.

Just before dinner, I was surprised by a beautiful bouquet of roses (yeah Jeff!) and a brief re-connecting with my Best Friend Wendy! (Can it Be? Did I really see you there?)

A yummy hamburger and sweet fellowship with Stan and Gena and Uncle Gene and Aunt Marilee (I just LOVE those guys!) energized us for the grand finale of the day...

Praise and worship with 800 Christians. A passionate call to Live in the Son from Don McGlaughlin. And an incredible (it just always is!) singing of The Lord Bless You and Keep You--every hand raised---I get chills even now.

It was a fantastic birthday feast. Start to finish. God is good.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Sounds delightful. I'm so glad you've had a chance to get refreshed and feast at the table of eternal celebration.

Aimee Jo said...

I am so glad that you had a great time. I was with you guys in spirit, even though I couldn't be there physically.

Lori Ann said...

Happy Belated birthday to you!
Sounds Heavenly!