Thursday, March 20, 2008
These Ten Things
Today, I ask my Father for these ten things for you, Kinley.
1. A passionate love for Jesus that will never be quenched or quieted.
2. A relationship with Jehovah God that you will never outlive.
3. A confident consuming of his Holy Spirit accompanied by all the gifts His Spirit provides.
4. Sister friends to giggle with, dream with and trust in.
5. Endurance to work through the deepest struggles life will take you through.
6. Resilience and strength to "get back up again".
8. Wise mentors in the faith.
9. Best friend relationships with each of your brothers.
10. The confidence that in your Mom and Dad, you will always find an open door to communicate, find affirmation and trust.
And oh so much more, dear one.
My hopes for your life and your heart soar with my love for you.
Your ability to connect with people...your joy of knowing others...your delight in exressing your self artisitcally...your willingness to help...your unbelievable cinammon coffee cake...the smiles, the hugs, the laugh...
All fill our life with His beauty. His beauty in you.
I cannot believe it has been 10 years already. I am overwhelmingly thankful for each and every one.
Here's to more, beautiful girl. Here's to more...